2. Company History
3. Company Vision
4. Company Organisation
5. Trading History
6. Products & Serviced Areas
7. TCS Core Values
TCS is a dynamic and ambitious company based in Newton Abbot, South West England. Having doubled turnover in recent years by forming excellent working relationships with many regional clients,
With TCS’s knowledge and contacts in the local area, combined with the strength of Trend Controls’ product range, TCS feel there are many exciting growth opportunities for both companies for the present and the future.
Company History – Key Milestones:
2006 : TCS established to provide a local resource in the sector.
HVAC building controls
2007: Acquired facility.
AirConVent Ltd, a control panel design
2007: TCS appointed as a Priva Building Intelligence system partner.
Jan 2012: TCS bought outright by its current owners Peter Chart and Simon Cook
(50-50 share). Yearly turnover more than doubled over the last 2 years. Dec 2012: Appointed as a Honeywell CentraLine systems partner and distributor. Fed 2013 Approved as a Trend SI systems partner and distributor
To be the desired choice for providing specialist building controls and energy management service across the South of England.
TCS – the professional, reliable experts creating solutions for energy management and control helping you save money and the planet
Located in Newton Abbot and owned equally by Director’s Peter Chart and Simon Cook. The company currently has Nine (9) employees, two (2) of which are part time. – As detailed in the organisational chart which is shown on page three:
The organisational chart above shows who is currently employed by TCS and what position they hold within the company.
Over the past three years TCS have developed excellent relationships with many organisations and in doing so have created a high level of customer retention, repeat purchase and unsolicited referrals. Key accounts include:
- MITIE Built Environment Incorporating MITIE Energy
- East Devon County Council (EDDC)
- Interserve Engineering Services (IES)
- Integral SW
- Lorne Stewart Plc
- Air Systems OEM
- Mr Steve Cook Business Manager & Bursar For Academy Schools Procurement
- Bicton College Development
- Action for Blind People
- Devonport Dockyard Plymouth
- Luscombe Cider FMCG sector
The above list is to name just a few. TCS are also the preferred controls specialist for many other independent organisations as well as several other reputable M&E
contractors in the South West area.
TCS Product and Service Areas
- As a company TCS has focused its business strengths to creating and then maintaining new opportunities within four core areas.
- ENERGY MANAGEMENT –a broad range of energy related services eg energy audits, energy monitoring, energy surveys and advice and recommendations on the use of renewable energy systems and associated metering combined with data collection.
- PROJECTS – both retrofit and new build – providing a complete turnkey solution from consultation at design stage through to control panel manufacture, on site commissioning and successful project handover.
- MAINTENANCE & BREAKDOWN SERVICE –an efficient and ongoing service ensuring that all installed systems are working as efficiently as possible.
- ELECTRICAL INSTALL –undertaking all electrical install works associated with the controls and the BMS installation, eg supermarkets, retail stores.
- TCS Core Values
The company has based its approach to business on five core values. Ultimately the company feels that any current and future success has or will be achieved by striving to maintain these values to ALL associated with the company.
- Customer Focused: Understanding & problem solving – right solutions in time & cost
- Caring: Personal, friendly, approachable, quality & cost conscious
- Local: Regional focus, knowledgeable, experienced
- Reliable: Trustworthy, responsive– first rate reputation
- Flexible: Dynamic, can do attitude, proactive nature
Health & Safety and Quality Audits
The welfare of our staff and subcontractors is of prime importance. As a Company, TCS employ the services of a third party OH&S specialist – Mr Les Beech of BeeSafe & Secure Consultancy Services – to maintain and continually update their health and safety and quality documentation:
Before the commencement of all works a thorough survey is carried out and appropriate risk assessments and method statements are completed for the job file.
In conjunction with our OH&S specialist, TCS regularly carry out health and safety training for our staff. Areas regularly covered are asbestosis awareness, working at height and the electricity at work policy.
During July of 2012 TCS was accredited with the SAFE contractor approved status – the leading health and safety pre-qualification assessment scheme
The test equipment is calibrated by a local electrical distributor (Western Electrical) annually and the distributor provides TCS with UKAS 17025 accredited certificates which are kept by both parties hard and soft copy.
Western Electrical also provides TCS with a reminder and collection service to ensure that no item of test equipment is used without a current valid calibration certificate.
- TCS have yet to undertake any recognised quality standards but have alternatively maintained their own quality elements as follows.
Records and Reports – setting up a system that tracks all steps of the design, production, inspection, shipping and commissioning cycle to identity existing and
potential problem areas.
- IT management –
System backups are regularly undertaken with backups to
onsite and offsite storage devices. A UPS system is installed which prevents loss of data due to sudden mains power failures.
As TCS grows in the future, the company intend to obtain ISO 9001.